Last year, the Council of Europe defined the specific policy priorities of 2022-2024 for the establishment of the New European Research Area (ERA) as a “researchers-centred, value-based, excellence as well as impact-driven area, in which researchers, knowledge and technology are supported and can circulate freely.” The European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) was highlighted as the key to facilitate the creation of ”a truly functioning internal market for knowledge” by enabling the open sharing of knowledge and the re-use of research outputs. By being the data space for science, research and innovation, EOSC is therefore the essential facilitator for the realisation of the European Data Strategy.
The EOSC Symposium is the main EOSC annual event and takes place this year in Prague, Czech Republic, from 14th-17th November 2022 as part of the calendar of events of the Czech presidency of the Council of the EU. This coincides with the Second EOSC Tripartite Event on the 15th of November 2022.
Over 500 stakeholders from ministries, policy makers, research performing organisations, service providers, research infrastructures and research communities across Europe and beyond are expected to attend the Symposium to reflect on the EOSC key achievements and strategic challenges and to identify priorities and concrete actions at European, national, and institutional level to speed up the EOSC implementation.During the Symposium, there will be an opportunity to inspire the EOSC community by sharing your work or ideas. Apply to the call for talks or sessions now! Deadline: Friday 23 September 2022, 17:00 CEST.
• Call for talks: Submit a talk (the talk should not exceed 7 minutes) on the following topics
• Call for sessions: Submit ideas for a side session (max 90 minutes) or an evening session (up to 3 hours). Please note that there is a limited number of slots for sessions and the sessions might be running in parallel with the main programme of the Symposium. Please double check the draft structure of the event here.
The applications will be evaluated by the Programme Committee and the applicants will be notified on the week of the 3rd of October 2022.
More information on the Symposium:
• EOSC Symposium website: There is a dedicated EOSC symposium website https://events.eoscfuture.eu/symposium2022 where all information related to the event is published
• Venue & accommodation: The Symposium takes place at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague
• Accommodation: It is possible to book a room at the same venue – Clarion Congress Hotel Prague – with preferential rates available to Symposium participants under the following link , book your room ASAP if you wish to stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel
• Registration: The Symposium registration opens at the end of September. A fee is associated to the registration (c.a. 250€, incl gala dinner, fees will be announced at the end of September). If you want to receive notfications on the opening of the registration or on the programme please register to the waiting list
For any questions on the Symposium please contact email@example.com